News Updates (All Active Members)
Sat. 1st Spence’s Game, Four Man team, two low net (Net) *Mixer*
Wed. 5th Men’s Day Out: Golf @ assigned T times, Four Person Team Scramble, 3 Drives per Player; Box Lunch at the Turn
Sat. 8th Four man team, Two best balls, Red, White and Blue, (Net/Gross) *Mixer*
Wed. 12th Individual Game, Beat Your Handicap (Net)
Sat. 15th Spring Handicap
Sun. 16th Spring Handicap
Wed. 19th Individual Game, 9 best holes (Net and Gross)
Sat. 22nd 1,2,3, Four Man Team (Net and Gross) *Mixer*
Sat. 22nd First Matches in 2021 Double Elimination Match Play
Wed. 26th Beat Your Handicap (Net)
Sat. 29th Patriot Day with Flags Open Play
Mon. 31st Memorial Day Couples Event:Golf @ 2:00pm, 18 Hole Shamble, Four Person mixed team, 3 drives per player, (Net Only); Cocktails @ 6:30pm (BYOB); Dinner @ 7:00pm
Hi fellow Golfers:
As you know the CMC Golf Season is here. We have posted the 2021 9-Hole Calendar of Play on the CMC Website. As in past years the regular play days for the 9-Hole Division are Wednesdays and Fridays. The first regular play day is Wednesday, April 7 and the last play day is Wednesday, September 29.
I asked Lindy if she would kindly reserve a few tee times for the CMC members. Lindy has reserved the following tee time slots on Wednesdays and Fridays beginning April 7:
You can start making your tee time reservation through the Pro Shop when you are ready to play. If you have any questions, please let me know. I look forward to seeing many of you on the course, let’s have a great golf season.
Golf Cart Etiquette and Rules of the Road
If you use a cart on the golf course, be aware of golf cart etiquette and safety. These rules are designed for your safety, and to protect the turf on the fairways and greens. Golfers on the course will always take precedent over golf carts or walkers travelling on the cart paths. Follow instructions on posted signs. Avoid driving through roped or staked off areas on the course.
Driving Safety and Care of Turf
- Keep all carts 30 Feet from all greens and on the cart path by the tee boxes.
- Keep entire cart (all 4 wheels) on cart path to park by the tee boxes or collars of the green.
- When possible please observe 90-degree rule when entering fairway.
- Use common sense and do not drive close to water hazards, grassy mounds, or bunkers.
- Avoid driving across extreme slopes, slow down when going down or across hills, do not turn when on a slope, and always set the parking brake when parking on a slope.
- Avoid driving a cart through mud, on or off the fairway.
- Be careful of driving through casual water on any part of the golf course.
- Making sharp turns or speeding along in the cart and coming to a sudden stop, can damage the turf grass.
- For your safety and for the safety of your passenger, do not drive the cart in front of other players in your group or another group.
- If a golfer is about to swing or attempt a putt, slow down as you approach and stop the cart until the golfer has completed his or her stroke.
- A “cart-path-only rule” is exactly what it sounds like: Keep your golf cart on the designated cart path at all times. Do not drive onto the grass.
2021 Printed Directories are available in the Club Room of the Pro Shop. As members contact information changes, or as we gain new members, they will be included on the Men’s Club website in the MEMBERS menu area.
The Men’s Club has introduced new 18 hole pairing procedures for Wednesday and Saturday games. The purpose of this change is twofold; 1) to insure that new members or members that seldom play can easily gain a T time to mix with the membership that are willing to mix, and 2) to increase the fairness of team competitions. Read on for a description of these procedures.
Amendment to MGC Local Rules (2-9-2021):
Men’s Club Tournaments and Awards (based on 2020)
Most Improved Golfers
18 Hole: Plaque ……Andy Schindler
9 Hole: Plaque……Dick Woodfin
Overall Champion: Annual Trophy Update/Plaque….Bruce Stone
1st Flight 1st Trophy Update, Medal ……. Dave Massing
2nd Flight 1st Trophy Update, Medal……Perry Esterson
27 Hole Match Play
Champion: Medal……Jeff Cummings
Champion: Medal………..Bill Stout
Champion: Medal……Al Landis
Champion: Medal….. John Demartino
Champion: Annual Trophy Update/Plaque …….Gene Harp
Net Champion: Annual Trophy Update/Plaque……Jay Lillibridge
Gross 1st: Medal……Jim Gibbons
Net 1st: Medal……Bill Shevlin, Mark Willett
Gross 1st: Medal …..Al Landis
Net 1st……Alan Southwell.
Gross 1st: Medal .….Perry Esterson
Net 1st: Medal……Tom Nielsen
Note: Awards will be given out at the Pro Shop Saturday morning, Oct.17th 8am -12 noon
Questions? Laurin Larsen, 503 804-1200