SOCIAL EVENTS POLICY of the Charbonneau Men’s Club (CMC)
Revised and Board Approved April 15, 2015, and updated February 1, 2022 and July 5, 2022
- For all CMC events which include food and beverages (e.g. couple’s events, Men’s Night Out and special events) there will be a registration, or “sign up” sheet in the Pro Shop. The deadline for registration and payment will be two days prior to the event by 10:00 am (e.g. Monday morning for Wednesday Men’s Night Out). Reservations for CMC social events must be made by the published deadline in order that the size of the field will be known far enough in advance to allow the Social Committee to arrange for the correct number of meals, tables and an appropriate space. Payment must be made by check made payable to the CMC and delivered to the Pro Shop by the registration deadline. Late entries will only be allowed if there is a cancellation. Individuals cancelling their reservations for an event after the reservation deadline will be charged the cost of the meal for that event, unless the cancellation is far enough in advance so that a late registrant can take his or her reservations.
- Major medical or family emergencies will void the assessment charge; final decisions regarding an assessment charge will be made by the CMC Treasurer.
- For events that include food, there will be two options available to each player: (1) dinner only; and (2) golf and dinner. Participation in catered social events will NOT be allowed FOR GOLF ONLY. The flyers emailed through Golf Genius announcing each event will specifically state the cost, and the deadline to register and pay the entry fee.
- Social events which are couples tournaments, including the traditional holiday tournaments (Memorial Day, Independence Day and Labor Day) will be either two-person teams composed of one man and one woman, one of whom much be a member of the CMC, the CWGA or the Niners, or a four-person team composed of two men and two women, of which only two of the four players may be guests, and the other two must be a member of either the CMC, the CWGA or the Niners. Guests must have an established USGA handicap to participate in prize awards based upon the competition, or be assigned a zero handicap.
In addition to following this Social Events policy, we would appreciate your cooperation in observing the following payment requirements for CMC social events.
- YOU MUST PAY BEFORE YOU PLAY! If you show up for a CMC social event and have not paid by the established reservation deadline, YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO TEE OFF!
- Payment by check payable to the Charbonneau Men’s Club is required.