SCHOLARSHIP FUND POLICY of the Charbonneau Men’s Club
Confirmed by the Board of Directors 12/4/2018
Charbonneau Scholarship Award Mission:
The Charbonneau Scholarship is awarded applicants that best meet the criteria outlined below as best determined by the Scholarship Committee.
The committee is comprised of one representative from each of the 9-hole Ladies Club, CWGA, And the Men’s Club. Participation in the selection is predicated upon the individual club contributing to the Scholarship Fund. The Committee shall meet no later than the month of October in time for the award which will be presented to the recipients during the Thanksgiving Holiday. Pictures will be taken at that time and sent to the “Charbonneau Villager” in time for publication in the December issue.
- Non-supervisory employees of the Charbonneau Golf Club (Pro Shop and/or Maintenance) who are 18 years of age or older at the time of application.
- Applicants can be either full-time, part-time or seasonal.
- Applicants must be currently enrolled in an accredited school of higher education or a qualified trade school.
- Applicants must show a financial need.
- During the month of September, the Head Golf Pro and the Maintenance Supervisor will announce to qualified employees that applications are being accepted by the Committee.
- Applicants may. apply by submitting a one page (81/2 X 11) narrative summary outlining their career goals, past achievements, work history for CGCI, financial need and a description of how the funds will be used.
- The applicant must provide documentation of proof of enrollment in a qualified school as outlined above.
- Applications must be submitted no later than September 30th of that calendar year and include contact information preferably email and/or phone number.
The award of any scholarship is at the sole discretion of the Scholarship Committee. All decisions are final.